He is one of the icons of Paris! Decorated with 32 candelabras, lampposts and sculptures, the Alexandre III bridge crosses the Seine between the 7th and 8th arrondissements. Built for the Universal Exhibition of 1900, it symbolizes above all the Franco-Russian alliance established before the First World War. On October 7, 1896, Tsar Nicolas II laid the first stone there in the presence of the President of the Republic, Félix Faure. The emblematic pylons adorned with Pegasus in gilded bronze announce the path between the Esplanade des Invalides and the Grand Palais.
Crossing the Seine in the heart of Paris, the Pont des Arts connects the Quai de Conti at the level of the Institut de France, to the Quai des Tuileries alongside the Louvre Palace. With its breathtaking view, the Pont des Arts is above all one of the most popular places for lovers from all over the world who meet there to seal their love. The tradition would come from Cologne: couples from all walks of life came to hang padlocks of various shapes and colors, on which their names or initials were engraved to immortalize their union in the emblematic city of love. Unfortunately the weight of the padlocks threatening to damage the railings of the bridge, it was decided in 2015 to remove them all. Still, the Pont des Arts does not lose its image of romanticism.
Construction began in 1578 under Henry III and was completed in 1604 under the reign of King Henry IV. It is, contrary to its name, the oldest bridge in Paris. The Pont Neuf also connects the Quai de Conti on the left bank to the Quai du Louvre on the right bank after crossing the western tip of the Île de la Cité and the Place du Pont Neuf in front of the Vert Galant garden. In 400 years, Le Pont-Neuf has seen thousands of passers-by, stories, photographers, travelers from all over the world. Old in its history, it remains innovative for its time: it was the first bridge built in stone and without dwellings on it: a real change for the time! Special mention for the sidewalks he also inaugurated!
Located in the 15th arrondissement of Paris, the Bir-Hakeim bridge has the particularity of being built on two floors: one reserved for the passage of line 6 of the metro, the other devoted to cars, and also to bicycles on the central promenade. From up there, you have a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower. From the middle of the bridge, we continue the walk on the Allée des Cygnes on the banks of the Seine which leads to the Parisian replica of the Statue of Liberty, located at the level of the Pont de Grenelle. Since its construction, the bridge has aroused the interest of many film lovers and photographers for its atypical architecture.
The Simone de Beauvoir footbridge, with a total length of 304 metres, was designed by the Austrian architect Dietmar Feichtinger. Its steel structure consists of two intersecting curves. It is reserved only for the pedestrian path and for bicycles that can cross the Seine from the forecourt of the National Library of France and the Bercy park. Inaugurated in 2006, this structure combines strength and lightness. The passerby is free to go up or down towards the water, to choose between the different crossing routes to discover the site. In the center of the footbridge, where the 2 curves meet, there is a lens which constitutes a public place, suspended in the middle of the water.
Built at the beginning of the 20th century, the Passerelle Debilly is made up of a large metal frame decorated with dark green ceramic tiles which reinforces this feeling of undulation. It joins avenue de New York (16th arrondissement) at quai Branly (7th arrondissement). It was the commissioner general of the Universal Exhibition of 1900, Alfred Picard, who decided on October 26, 1898 to build a temporary footbridge to allow the circulation of visitors. For the record, some time before the fall of the Berlin Wall, the body of a murdered German diplomat was found on the bridge. It quickly emerged that he was part of the secret service of the German Democratic Republic. It was on this date, at the very end of the Cold War,